Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Exciting Day!


Before I write about our newest update I must first welcome Mason to the world. D's little brother and his gf had a baby boy last night, weighing in at 7lbs and 15oz. We were able to go to the hospital and see them today....times like this make me so happy to be living in Boise.

Now on to the stuff about our little Pinto Bean. We had our appointment today at the Fetal Medicine office to have some tests done. Basic tests to check for things like down syndrome and other big words I can't remember right now. The best part of it was the 50 minute or so ultrasound they did. They were getting shots to check the size of the baby (based on it's current size they have moved the EDD to 7-12-09), check the fluid around the base of the head, make sure the spine and head are joining properly. We were also able to see urine its bladder (which is a good sign), see that the brain looks good and developed and even heard the heart beat for the first time!!! It is an active little thing, it kept moving its arm and legs around the whole time. D kept saying he was amazed I couldn't feel all that movement but they reassured us it is to early to be feeling it.



We have to wait for the final results but the initial results looked like everything is good. The blood work will take a bit longer but since I'm in the low risk group (based on age, weight, ect) we are not worried. I'm so glad D ended up coming to the appointment with me; I had initially told him he didn't need to come as I thought it was just going to be blood drawing. He would have missed out on seeing Pinto Bean's profile for the first time. What a cute nose it looks to have right now!

No comments: