Today we had our first ultrasound. D has to fix the connection between the scanner and the computer before I can post pictures, but be reassured there are pictures! It was a surreal - seeing the baby's heart flutter and move around. It is already active in that womb of mine. Its heart beats about 181 hpm which the technician said is perfectly normally. She said it looked a bit small so they've moved the EDD from 7/11 to 7/15, which puts me at 9weeks and 1 day instead of 9 weeks and 5 days. I think it will still be born around 7/11 and is just small. :)
D was in the room with me when we had the appointment. He squeezed my hand nice and tight and got all teary eyed. I'm not an overly emotionally person and I think that might have frustrated him - he wanted to get all sappy and kissy about the baby and I was like 'Huh, there it is. Ok, what's for lunch'. I think the experience is very different for us, since I've been carrying it for over 9 weeks now I'm aware that it is there, feeling the affects of it, while D hasn't had a connection to it. Seeing the pictures gave him that connection. We are excited it is going to be born only 7-8 months after his brothers' baby boy; we are hoping for a boy since P is having a boy - we imagine them hutning for snakes in the Southern Idaho desert, just as D & P did as little boys.
On a different note I love seafood but most people that know me know that already. Crabcakes, tuna, salmon, shrimp...hmm shrimp. But I especially love it now (I crave Tilipia for breakfast!). I have not stopped thinking about tempura shrimp for days. Luckily, since it is cooked and low on mercury I can have it every once and a while. I talked with my doctor about my love of seafood today and how I should limit how much I have and what types I can have. I have to say that makes me very happy as on Christmas Eve we are going to a prime rib and seafood buffet. Ever since my Mom told me this I can't stop thinking about it, my mouth waters at the thought of it. I'm going to try to not eat any seafood until then, so I can indulge a little bit.
Lastly, happy to report I've gained one pound in the last 9 weeks. Not to bad so far, let's hope it stays that way. I'm still being very careful of the amount of sugar I allow myself - only a small glass of juice a day, no candy, soda, or other yummy things I crave. When I crave junkfood I force myself to eat something healthy instead and if I still crave the junkfood the next day I allow myself a little bit. By the time tomorrow comes it sounds disgusting so it works out well. Well, expect for tempura shrimp. That always sounds good!
PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!
Mmmmm...pie
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment