We had another doctor's appointment today. It was short but a great appointment as we got to hear the heartbeat again. It was a bit hard to hear over all the 'swooshing' noises - apparently our baby is still pretty active in the womb.
D finally meet with my OBGYN and seemed to like her. She is pretty laid-back and soft spoken (and young), which I like about her, but I think it threw him off at first. Not sure what he expected but I don't think it was her.
I did find out that I have a Uterine Fibroid. It's a little benign growth on the uterus - it doesn't really cause any harm but does explain why I've been having pain in my lower right pelvic region. I'm glad to know it is not that something wrong with the baby, which is what I thought. Since I only have one, and it is small (maybe quarter size), they aren't going to do anything about it. The doctor said they fairly common and disappear on their own during menopause. If it bothers me a lot, after the pregnancy, they can do some stuff to try to remove it but for now it isn't affect anything, besides slight discomfort for me, so we will leave it as is.
On our next visit, 2/12, we get to finally find out the gender of the baby. D seems positive it is going to be a boy, but I think it might be a girl. I keep having girly thoughts, focusing on girl names, etc. Truth be told, as long as it is happy and healthy we don't really care what gender it is.
Mmmmm...pie
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment