Saturday, February 7, 2009

Week 18

Week 18 means the baby is the size of a sweet potato. I have to admit I didn't know what a sweet potato looked like and now I wish I did not know. That is one freaky looking vegetable!! I don't like to image our little Pinto Bean looking like that.

Nothing to exciting has gone on this week; D is still sick with bronchitis, I've been prepping the house for my return to work, and I've been trying to make sure I get into a good sleeping pattern (which has not happened). I've decided if I can go through the night and only wake up to use the restroom three times I consider it a good night.

I'm back and forth between my maternity pants. The tops aren't needed yet but depending on the day I need the pants. I weighed myself yesterday, after feeling like a beached whale all day, and am now only 1 pound below my pre-pregnancy start weight. I think for being just two weeks shy of half way that is pretty darn good! My goal for the whole thing is to only gain 20 pounds, but with cravings like McD's for breakfast and chocolate cake for dinner that is going to be hard. I'm trying to resist the cravings and swap in healthier alternatives to the junk food I crave but it doesn't always work. If ignore the cravings to much I know I will just end up binging, so I try to find ways around them. For instance, yesterday was my MIL's birthday so we went to her house to celebrate. I've been craving cake and ice cream but didn't want to buy it for our house so I used the excuse of her birthday and bought it for her and left the leftovers there. Now my craving is fulfilled and I don't have any temptations at home. I know, I'm so smart :)

My latest food of choice is goldfish crackers. I must have been on of the few kids out there that never really liked them. I would eat them growing up, but never got excited about them. Albertsons has been having a GREAT sale on them so I stocked up and have been going through the whole wheat ones like crazy, I finished a bag this last week. Okay so one bag in a week is not all that crazy, but for me it is. I'm still craving a good salad most nights for dinner, but lettecue seems pretty expensive to me lately so I've been trying to swap out other veggies. I had corn the other night for dinner. Just a bowl of corn. This baby is going to come out loving veggies I think!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Totally creepy: I ate a sweet potato last night!!! I hope that doesn't mean I secretly want to eat my neice!!! Aaaaah!

Brooke said...

HA!