Our little girl is now the size of a mango! Yummy, I love mangos. I actually would really like to go and eat mango now. Ha!I had a doctor's appointment this week and the ultrasound showed that everything is in the right place and is looking healthy. The only thing they couldn't check for was cleft palette (sp?), so I get another ultrasound at my next visit! A book club friend of mine gave the tip to eat some candy before the ultrasound to make sure the baby was hyped up on sugar and moving; makes it easier to look for the 'parts'. It worked, our little girl was bouncing around. The ultrasound tech even commented on how hyper she was. I felt a weird sense of pride, even though I knew it was because I was a bad mommy and ate a whole peanut butter cup before going in :)
I'm still down 2 pounds from pre-pegnancy weight, but gained 5 pounds this month. They seemed happy I was gaining weight but cautioned me to be careful to not go overboard the next few months. No worry, while sometimes I do indulge in the unhealthy treat my taste buds are leaning me towards salads, fruit and other healthy things lately. Oddly though, veggies are gross to me right now (except for my corn phase last week). In a few weeks the baby will start to be able to 'taste' different flavors that I eat so I'm going to try to eat a mixture of foods so it gets use to things right off the bat. We enjoy ethnic foods in our house and we want our little one to also enjoy them so no time like the present to get her started on them.
I don't know why but the last few nights I walk up around 4-5am, fully awake, and get the urge to do something. Clean, watch tv, play on the computer - just something. It lasts about 30-40 minutes and then I go back to bed. I don't know if it is my body trying to prepare me for waking up randomly in the middle of the night for feedings or what, but I'm not enjoying it. Makes me tired throughout the day. Additionally, even though I'm still weighing less then before I feel like I'm growing a mini-bowling ball in my belly. I can no longer roll over at night, I have to sit up and and then turn over. Getting up from sitting on the floor is not as comfortable as it was before. I found myself even grunting a little in yoga on Thursday when doing it.
A lot of people have been asking us about baby names and I hate to break it to everyone but we aren't sharing until the baby is born. We are doing it for a couple of reasons but the main one is that we want to keep some part of the process for ourselves. We are being open and sharing pretty much everything about what has been going on with everyone but this part...well this part is for us. You can push, pressure and beg but the answer is still no. I will say this though, we don't have a name picked out yet. We are 'test running' names we like right now. We have a list of a few names we like and for a week at a time we will be calling it that name. Then we move on to the next name. We hope that hearing the name frequently will help give us an idea of what we do and don't like.
Off to shower and start the day!
1 comment:
I'm totally with you on the name thing, obviously. ;) I'm pretty sure though, that one name the guessors can rule out is Carrie. ;)
Post a Comment