I have so many things I would like to say about last night but I find the words won't flow. I've started this post about 5 times now, deleting it everytime. I don't think I can find the words to express how scared both D and I were last night. I woke up around midnight to find myself shivering so hard my teeth were clanking together. D says he could hear me across the house. I got up to go to the bathroom and found I was shaking so hard I could barely walk. I started to think I was about to have a seizure or something. D came to me and helped me get back in bed and laid two more of our heaviest blankets on me. He laid next to make, rubbing my back telling me it was going to be ok, but I could hear in his voice he was worried. I finally warmed up and fell asleep, only to wake up sweating through my clothes and sheets about an hour later. I kicked off the blankets and about 30 minutes later I started to shake again. This time I started to shake so hard my body started to hurt - I felt like I had been in a car accident and had whiplash. I piled all the blankets on top of me again and managed to fall asleep again. Again, woke up burning up and repeated the cycle. Everytime I would start to shake I would put my hands on my stomach, hoping Pinto Bean wasn't feeling anything - hoping instead that she was still just floating around in the fluids in my stomach.
I got up this morning and got ready for work as normal. I was cold most of the morning but not so cold that I was shaking and chattering my teeth. D woke up (he has spring break this week so he gets to sleep in) and admit he was terrified last night. He had no idea what was wrong or what to do. Said it was painful to see how much I was hurting and how scared I was. In retrospect we should have called the on call doctor for my OBGYN office or gone to the hospital, but we couldn't think that far ahead. We only thought about how to make it stop right that second.
I did some research and apparently while hot flashes are fairly normal the cold flashes are not as common. I read some stories of other women who got so cold, even in 90 degree weather, they had to put on sweaters and yet still felt like they were in the middle of a snowstorm. None described the shaking and teeth chattering like I experienced but I feel better knowing it is just one more of those 'common but uncommon' things I've been blessed with.
The part that scared me the most, more then anything, is that Pinto Bean did not kick at all last night. She normally kicks me everynight, around 2am, hard enough to wake me up. but last night nothing. I finally felt calm around 10am this morning when it felt like she was taking a tumbling class in my stomach.
I hope to never go through something that scary again the rest of this pregnancy.
Mmmmm...pie
9 years ago
3 comments:
I did not like reading this story at all!!! Stop scaring me like that! I mean...I know you were a whole hell'of'a'lot more scared than me, but still! I hope you are feeling better and that you don't encounter this again. I'm sending my love your way :)
Brooke,
I am sorry you had to go through that :(... I am glad to hear things are better though!
wow, what an ordeal you guys went through! How scary! If anything out of the ordinary happens again, be sure to call your doctor! That's why they get paid the big bucks. Did you let your doctor know it happened?
Post a Comment