Saturday, April 11, 2009

27 weeks

I am due in exactly three months from today. It is kind of surreal to think of it in that way, in three months today I could be...we will stop there for now :)

This weekend has been filled with a little more drama then I like, but we have recovered and are enjoying our Saturday. Got to love families - your own and your spouses :)

I've been a baking/cooking maniac today. I just got done making banana bread muffins and am going to be making a new recipe I found, for homemade mac and cheese. We are going to have the mac and cheese as a side dish and then also I'm going to try my hand at salmon burgers. Albertsons has been having some great deals lately, including spend $25 on certain products and get $10 free in meat or seafood. We did a big grocery shopping trip (filled with lots of coupons of course, even the cashier commented on how many coupons we had!) and ended up getting the fresh salmon $1. Not to bad! I haven't had salmon in FOREVER and love it so I'm pretty excited about it. The burgers seem easy enough to make and they are topped with a cream cheese scallion mixture. Can we say yummy? I'm sure I'll toss in a veggie on the side also, and we have fresh strawberries for afterwards.

Umm yea, can you tell I've turned very food focused lately? I find I'm constantly hungry and am wanting more creative dishes, not the same ol ones we keep eating. Tomorrow I might try my hand at this pizza casserole recipe I saw somewhere (printed it out but can't remember where I found it). I do love me a good casserole! For breakfast tomorrow I might make the husband a special easter egg dish (I will be creative and just throw something together) and have the muffins.

Off to stir the macaroni.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Were the salmon burgers from the Meal Planning 101 blog? I had those at Jen B's a couple weeks ago. Oh man, they were AWESOME. I could have eaten the cream cheese with a spoon. John doesn't really like salmon, but I'm going to make them at some point because they're just too darn tasty!

Brooke said...

I think so, I was randomly clicking around from your blog to some other places and can't remember where I got the recipes. It did have a cream cheese/sour cream and scallion mixture that we smothered on it. So good. D wants herbs instead of scallions next time. We will definitely make it again - so quick and easy!