So for my first Mother's Day my sweet sweet sweet husband finished painting the baby's room. I woke up last night and found that he put the crib together when he came home from work (he works late afternoons/nights). I've got the bedroom set up how I think I want it, we just have to move the recliner in there. D's aunt and uncle gave us a super comfy reclining chair and we've been planning on using it for the babies room. I've already taken a nap in it and even practice rocking in it, while holding the dog (should I admit that?). Only problem is that our house was built in the 1950's - meaning the rooms are small. I'm not sure how well the recliner is going to fit in there now that we have all the other furniture in there. D says it will be just fine and I need to stop worrying about silly stuff, but I think it is going to make the room feel small and cramped.
On a different note, I've been leaving the baby's room door open while I'm home, so the dog can get use to it. Yes, I said so the dog can get use to it. He keeps going in and sniffing the furniture and I even caught him earlier trying to figure out how to get in the crib. My friend Claire and her sons are coming up for my baby shower at the beginning of next month - we are going to let her youngest son, who was born in November, sleep in the crib. We are doing it kind of as a test run - to see if the way we have the furniture set up is practical once there is a kid in there. I'm very curious to see how Gohan reacts to that. I have a feeling he will be sleeping in the recliner near the baby most nights.
On that note it is 8pm and I am off to bed. The exciting life of a pregnant women with swollen feet.
Mmmmm...pie
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment