We have finally hit week 31.
I'm exhausted, not sure what else to say besides that. The thought of working full time for the next 9 weeks (I still plan on working up until my water breaks, to take full advantage of using my full 6 weeks off with the little one) makes me even more exhausted. Lucky for us I'm a trooper and I know I will get through it. I just have to get through this month's prep work for the shower and then I should be ok.
Monday is my last monthly doctor's appointment. After that we have two appointments that are two weeks apart and then move to weekly appointments until she gets here. I am still a bit shocked at how quickly the last few months have gone by.
We are slowly getting ready for her arrival. We have purchased the paint for her room, have it emptied out (expect the closet) and taped up. Our goal is to paint it tonight, though I don't think I will be much help. I kept trying to take a nap on the couch but Gohan kept coming up and licking my face every time I would start to fall asleep.
I am still having a hard time sleeping, which is why I'm so exhausted. I'm lucky to get 2 hours of solid sleep a night, the rest of the time I'm tossing and turning and getting in little 30 minute cat naps here and there. I've tried switching positions, sleeping on the couch, on the chair in the living room - nothing helps. I just can't sleep and the more tired I get the less I'm able to sleep. I chalk it up to my body trying to get ready for what is to come.
Anyway, since I can't nap I'm off to clean the kitchen, finish some laundry and maybe clean the bathroom. We are hosting a mother's day brunch for my in-laws on Sunday and I have a lot of cleaning to do. Donavon will help when he can, but he has finals next week so he will be at the library most of tomorrow.
Mmmmm...pie
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment