Sunday, July 12, 2009

40 weeks + 1 day

Yesterday was my official due date and no baby yet. I must be a really good incubator because it appears she is not ready to come out yet.

We walked my little heart out yesterday - we walked so much it actually felt like my back was going to break in to two pieces last night. I've also been eating a lot of spicy food and pineapple (which I've read is suppose to help with softening the cervix). I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, if she decides to not come today, and hopefully we will have good news. If I'm fully effaced the doctor said we will talk about inducing sometimes next week.

D is positive she is going to show up on Tuesday. When we went in for my first ultrasound the tech said she thought a closer due date would be July 14th, not the 11th (based on size), so he thinks that is when she will be here. Whenever she gets here, I hope it is soon. I'm so ready. My guess is Monday - Wednesday (I know a broad range).

I thought I was starting to go in to labor last night. I kept telling D I just didn't feel right - I couldn't really pinpoint what was wrong, what felt off, but I knew my body felt different then it has in the last 9 months. It felt like things were getting in motion. Unfortunately nothing happened and here I still sit.

Ignore my ramblings, I'm just impatient. I've never been good at waiting, especially when I really want something. I was always the kid would try to peak under the wrapping paper at Christmas to see what the gifts where, as I couldn't handle the wait. I wish I could peak and see what she looked like already!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Whatever...you don't peek, you just open the gifts early!!

Trust your body--I felt "off" the entire day that Miles ended up being born. I had my mom come get Will because I just didn't feel right, then he was born 2.5 hours after she took Will home with her!