Friday, July 3, 2009

8 days or so

We had our weekly doctors appointment yesterday morning. I've started to schedule them for the morning, so D can go to the last few with me. He gets so much joy out of hearing our little pinto beans heart beat, it makes me smile to just see how big of a smile his face breaks in to. Now I'm all smiles thinking about it again.

Everything looked good - the blood pressure is back to normal, She is almost fully in place for delivery and we are just waiting for my body to 'open' up a bit more. The doctor kept saying stuff like 'if you make it to your next appointment' - which has me all excited that she might be born in the next week. D and I keep joking that she will be born on the 4th of July - in which case he insists we have to name her 'America'. I just smile at my sweet dorky husband.

I have today off work in observance of the holiday tomorrow and the doctor ordered (she really did) that I rest and stay inside away from the heat. Now my version of resting, so I'm told, is different then other people. Other people may take that to mean to lay on the couch with their feet up. I take it to mean to make only one batch of potato salad last night, go on a costco run today (possibly) and only make 2-3 dishes to freeze before she gets here. I am going to do my best to put my feet up part of the day though - since the more relaxed my body is the more likely it is to get prepared for her arrival. Hopefully the next post is me saying she is here!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I am SOOOOOO excited! :)