Wednesday, July 22, 2009

a day of firsts



Today was a big day for Alison. Not only did she have her first visit to the pediatrician but she also had her first sponge bath.

At the pediatrician's office we were happy to find that out that she has gained 2 ounces in the last four days. She has a very healthy appetite and sometimes it feels like I can't keep up with her appetite but apparently we are doing a good job keeping her feed. Everything else came back looking good; she has a very tiny case of jaundice but it is so tiny that the doctor said it was hardly worth mentioning.

When we got home we decided to give her a sponge bath. We are having some out of town visitors stop off tomorrow night, on their way through town, and I want her to be looking as adorable as she can for them. Since you can't submerge babies in water until their umbilical cord falls off we had to settle for a sponge bath. Man, can that kid scream! We have been fortunate up to the point in that she hardly cries or screams - but she made sure we knew her vocal cords were working today. In the end she survived and forgave us for putting her through the torture :)

Picture above is from yesterday. She is sleeping in a bassinet next to our bed right now but we laid her in her crib last night - just to see what she looked like in it. Pretty darn cute if you ask me!

4 comments:

Michelle & Jesse said...

Oh I just love her! She is so stinkin' cute! Love the bed sheets too :)

Molly said...

I'm already in love!

Claire said...

Oh man...I don't know if I can look at too many more pictures of her without getting total baby fever!!!

Keep 'em coming!! ;) Is D just going crazy taking pictures of her?

Yoga Mama said...

She is so stinkin cute! Just a little peanut. Congratulations!