Thursday, September 3, 2009

Off to work I go...

Back to work I go…or went I should say at this point. Monday was my return to the working world, the 9-5 working mother world. Weird, I’m a working mom – so weird to say. Monday was a pretty hard morning to say the least – I had a nice cry after I dropped Alison off but I dusted off my shoulders and reminded myself that the situation is what it is and I have to not dwell on it, do the best job I can at work so I can keep my baby in diapers (not literally, maybe more like help contribute to her college fund)!

We are very lucky to be having my sister in law, and brother in law on his days off during the week, watching our little Sweet Pea. She seems has to have adapted well to being there during the day and as she gets a little older I am sure will love hanging out with her cousin Mason, who is about 7 months older then she is. My sister in law does an AMAZING job with her, Alison comes home happy, well feed, and has been going to bed at 8.30 every night this week. What more can you ask for?

The first few days back at work were overwhelming, trying to get caught up with 6 weeks of changes, both to the company and to the product. I finally feel like I have a grasp of what is going on (after 4 days). I do find my attitude towards work has changed since having Alison. While I still strive to do the best job I can, my motivation has changed. It is not for my pride anymore, but to make my baby girl proud of what her Mom is doing during her time away from her and to keep providing for her. I want only the best for her so I will do whatever I have to at work to make sure I can do that.

One of the happy things about being at work is looking at the picture Donavon took for me on Sunday night, which is now my desktop background. How can you look at that little angel and not smile – no matter how stressful or frustrating your day may be?

No comments: