Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A little happy, a little sad

Today was a LONG day at work. Ugh. My friend Jared was telling me that in Norway you get one year off, paid, when you have a baby. I'm thinking I need to move to Norway.

What made the long day so bearable was our little pinto bean was a kicking maniac. She let me know loud and clear that she was there and loving her momma. Well maybe not the last part, but I like to pretend her kicks are like little hugs and kisses. I'm a dork, I know.

What made the day a little sadder is my mom wrote me to tell me they had to put my cat down. Well I guess he was more of their cat, but I named him like 20 some years ago (I think it's been that long) so I think of him as mine. He had cancer and it was time. Still, a part of me feels very sad. I can't imagine going to their place and not seeing him anymore.

I'm ready for the weekend. Oh wait, I still have two more days left of work :-P

2 comments:

Claire said...

Sorry to hear about the cat. :( Was it Leo or Jaws?

Brooke said...

Leo. Mom says Jaws keeps wandering around the house looking for Leo. They've never been apart before. I don't think Jaws will last much longer without Leo