Saturday, March 28, 2009

Week 25

For the next month the baby is comparable to the size of an eggplant. Yucky - I sure do dislike eggplant. I even tried to eat a bite two weekends ago, in the whole spirit of eating things for the baby to gain a taste of them. I couldn't do it. I took one bite and had to pick the rest out of the dish. Sorry baby, mommy is going to be mean not let you get a full taste for eggplant yet. Aunt Molly will make you some when you get older, I hear she makes a good eggplant parmesan.

It has been a long week. Starting last Sunday with my weird chill/hot flashes (while not normal to have them at that extreme, they are a normal pregnancy symptom), D's grandfather being unconscious and in the ICU unit (he regained consciousness yesterday!!!) to just the normal stresses of like - I'm so thankful it is the weekend. I've taken over my 'team' at work - I'm no longer being trained and am now responsible for delegating all the tasks and am in charge of the ROI for commerce side of our business. Yea, no pressure there. Luckily, I thrive under pressure and challenge and am determined to succeed. Doing a 2nd rate job is not an option in my book. I need, not want but need, to prove to them they took a good chance keeping me around even though I was pregnant when I started out.

Baby talk - our little Pinto Bean has been kicking a lot more. D still hasn't gotten to feel it much since it usually happens while I'm at work. My appetite has been scary big lately - I've gained a few more pounds this month then I would like. It is a hard balance to cut down on eating when you are so hungry all the time. I think it is all about making healthy food choices, which I'm trying to do. I passed my craving for dipping Cheetos into a chocolate pudding cup (I love pudding lately, can't get enough of it!) - instead I ate an apple. Not the same thing but I'm trying. I also have found I LOVE Dove Ice Cream 60 calorie bites. I eat three of the dark chocolate ones at a time (for 180 calories) and get my chocolate/ice cream/creamy rich fix for the night. Three seems to be the magical number for me - less and I still crave them and binge, more and my stomach hurts.

Enough food talk, time for me to make something to eat and get D up so we can make the 2 hour trek to visit his grandpa in the hospital. I don't mind though - it is part of why we moved to Idaho afterall, to be closer to his family when they need us the most.

No comments: