Our little sweetheart is still growing in to the size of an eggplant. It is amazing that we are at week 26 now, and have only about 14 weeks left. Time sure goes by fast. People keep telling me 14 weeks is a lot of time but knowing how quickly the last 26 went by I'm sure she will be here before I know it!
I hate to say this, committing myself to it out loud, as I fear of jinxing myself but I think I might, just might, be starting to feel better. Granted, I'm still tired frequently, have brain drain and my feet like to swell up after a long day at work but my limbs don't seem to be going numb anymore, the hot/cold flashes are only happening once a week or so, the back pain went away as soon as I quit pre-natal yoga. I think I might be finally not so grumpy about being pregnant. Now if only the nausea would go away I think I would be happy.
I have to say, while this whole pregnancy thing hasn't been the most pleasant experience there are parts that I do enjoy. Well one part in particular. The feeling of her kicking. I thought it would freak me out, make me think that I was having a little alien child growing inside my stomach, but instead I find it comforting. I was telling D how I think that is what I am going to miss the most - that connection to her, feeling her little kicks (even to the bladder, which cause me to have to pee like 3 seconds later) and realizing my little girl is doing that. I can see why some women get depressed after giving birth. You spend 9 months creating this bond of something so precious and beautiful growing inside of you, get use to feeling it there and loving rubbing your stomach throughout the day and then suddenly it is gone. While it is not gone gone that connection is gone. You are forced to form a new connection. I can't wait to form that real life physical connection with her, but I do admit I'm not looking forward to when I don't feel her little kicks in my stomach.
Mmmmm...pie
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment