One more week down; the time is really flying by. I had a doctor’s appointment this week, I’m now on the every two week schedule for appointments. Every time she sees me she comments that she is surprised I’m so far along and I have to agree. It feels like I just found out I was pregnant. I remember thinking that 40 weeks seemed like it would last forever, and now I’m thinking it isn’t long enough!
The appointment went well, I hadn’t gained any weight since my last appointment – which shocked me. I had a huge fudge like piece of cake earlier in the week so I was positive I gained like a bazillion pounds, but nope I’m good. Also, she said it appears our little bean has already started to drop and it seems like her head is in getting place. The doctor doesn’t think she will be early, but most likely not late either. We went over the birth plan – basically no c-sections unless medically necessary and same with being induced. If I make it to 42 weeks they will induce otherwise I want to leave her in little home and let her decide when she is ready to come out. The thing I love the most about my doctor is that she is on board for whatever I want. She doesn’t push anything down your throat, listens to what I have to say, gives her two cents but ultimately leaves it all in my court. Not all doctors are like that.
Both D and I are excited for the long weekend. Tonight after work I’m meeting a friend of mine who just signed a contract to move to South Korea and teach English for the year. I’m pretty bummed he is leaving, he is one of my favorite people in Boise, but I’m happy he has this opportunity. I think it will be a good fit for him. Tomorrow D and I have a day of ‘fun’ planned – going to eat breakfast out, walk the Saturday Market, shop for the crib mattress, get pedicure (for me), go to the grocery store (yes we count that as fun) and then home for dinner and a movie. Sunday and Monday will be dedicated to stuff around the house as we keep working on getting it presentable for the baby shower. We’ve made a lot of headway – including having sprinklers installed in the backyard (okay those weren’t for the baby shower but I like to think they were). Additionally, we had the backyard leveled out. Right now it looks like a big pile of evenly spread out dirt so we have to reseed it. We are debating doing it ourselves or hiring a company to do drill seeding, which is what the sprinkler guy suggested. Since the sprinklers came in under the estimated cost we think we can afford to hire someone to do the grass for us. Inside, we still have some window trim to paint, organizing the guest room, emptying out the closet in the baby’s room and clearing out clutter in the bonus room. Doesn’t seem like much but with my husband these few things have the potential to take months.
I find myself hanging out in the baby’s room when I’m home alone at night. I find the room soothing – not sure if it is because of the colors, the comfortable chair, or the baby smell from the things we have in there. Either way my new favorite thing is to snuggle up (as much as 33 week pregnant lady can snuggle up that is) in the chair, let the dog sit on my lap and read. I do worry though that the dog is going to think he can sit on my lap all the time I’m in there – which isn’t the case. Oh well, he will learn when she gets here. I have a feeling he will want to sit on my lap and snuggle us both.
Mmmmm...pie
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment