I've been looking forward to the three day weekend so much - an opportunity to sleep in for three whole days. For the last two days I've woken up at 6am and haven't been able to fall sleep. Boo! At least I can take an afternoon nap - there is nothing nicer then a nap in a house that has A/C running while it is hot outside. It is one of my favorite summer guilty pleasures - pregnant or not.
We had a very busy day yesterday. Since we both got up early we went to our favorite Boise breakfast hot spot, Goldy's. Anyone visiting Boise, and has the patience to wait in line, should go to Goldy's. It has been ranked by Bon Appetite as one of the top 10 breakfast places in the country - and once you eat there you will understand why. After that we walked the market, went and bought the crib mattress and changing table pad, bought some grass seed for the dirt pile we are calling a backyard. Right now I'm finishing washing some baby clothes and then I will start making banana bread. I'm starting to try to stock pile home cooked meals so after the baby gets here we have some good stuff that we just defrost and eat. I think I have enough bananas to make 4-5 loaves this morning. After that I have some cooking to do for D's family pot luck that is happening this evening. Somewhere in between there I hope to take a nice long nap, snuggled with the dog.
Mmmmm...pie
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment