Our little one is due two weeks from today! It is weird to say that, because logically I know she can come before or after that - but I like to think she will be here in exactly two weeks. It is a nice clean sounding number, two weeks or 14 days.
Today was a productive day. Our local hospital does a car seat check once a month so we took both cars down (we have a base for each car) and had them check out our car seat. According to the lady helping us, 70% of people out there make 3 or more mistakes when putting in a car seat. That is a really high percentage! D did a great job getting it in my car but his car needed some tweaks - the main one being it can't go in the middle of the back seat as there isn't enough room to put the handle down. So anytime we have her in it, in his car, who ever is in the passenger seat will have her behind them.
D also put the stroller together. Since the car seat/baby carrier is a hand me down from a good friend of mine we don't have a matching stroller and baby carrier, but we don't care. They match pretty close, both are the same general pattern, just different colors. He managed to get the stroller together in under 20 minutes and even gave me a very thorough lesson in how to use it.
Overall this week has been good. Out of know where I've started to sleep 5-7 hours straight ever night (thank goodness!). It is amazing how getting caught up on sleep really changes one attitude and outlook on life! I'm still a bit cranky and hard to deal with, I will admit it!, but I'm much better then I have been in the last few weeks.
Anyway, off to help D make dinner. I'm trying to encourage him to help in the kitchen more often. Every weekend I pick out a recipe for him to make for me. Tonight we are trying a recipe from one of my favorite websites, Pioneer Woman. He is making her Baked Lemon Pasta, yummy! Anyone not familiar with her website, I highly encourage you to check it out. I've made multiple recipes from there (my favorite being Chicken Spaghetti) and they have all been BIG hits.
Enjoy!
Mmmmm...pie
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment