Tuesday, June 23, 2009

rough couple of days...

I'm not sure if it is just hormones but the last few days have been pretty rough, emotionally.

I find my brain is just not working as it normally does. I'm making mistakes at work, mistakes I normally wouldn't make. Not sure if it due to the sheer exhaustion (lack of sleep) or just hormones messing with me. I'm pretty tough on myself when I make mistakes and find myself coming home and dwelling on them. Either way I'm determined to get myself out of this funk and get back to the land happy. Starting right now!

I am on a weekly doctor appointment schedule, starting yesterday. I'm almost a 1cm dilated. That isn't much, but it is enough to get me excited and realize the our little one is coming soon. 17 days from tomorrow until the due date. WOHO!

At the appointment the doctor did notice my blood pressure has significantly increased in the last two weeks. She had to jet in the middle of the appointment, to deliver a baby, but the nurse said the doctor was going to review my file and if she needed me to come back mid-week to get checked out again they would call. No call so I'm going with the whole 'no news is good news' philosophy. Part of me hopes my blood pressure is still high next and the doctor decides she has to induce me, though I'd prefer to not have a 4th of July baby.

Off to scavenge for dinner.

No comments: