Sunday, June 7, 2009

Week 35

We have made it to week 35. I am pretty excited, only 5 weeks left. Also, the closer we get to week 40 the more I feel like our little pinto bean is protected. I keep telling her to stay in my tummy three more weeks. They say around week 37-38 it is okay for them to come, as they are mostly developed, but I'm hoping she stays in there as long as she can!

It was a pretty good week. My team at work is very understanding that I can't always get up and walk to them to ask questions/answer questions so we have been come up with alternatives ways to communicate - phone calls, emails and skype messages. I work mainly with men in my office and they all seem to be hyper sensitive to my condition, which is endearing. I'm getting pretty spoiled and it will be hard to return to 'normal' when I return from maternity leave.

The big excitement this weekend was having my baby shower yesterday. We had 11 friends and family fly in from out of state and probably another 11-15 local family and friends that showed up for - it was a full house!! Baby and wedding showers are always kind of weird to me - you invite people over to eat food, play a few games and then give you gifts. It makes me feel like I'm being greedy in some ways - hey come buy me stuff - is what I feel like I'm shouting to people. My sister and Aunt Pam kept telling me that people like them because 1) everyone loves to buy baby stuff and 2) people want to bless us with gifts as we are going to be blessing with the gift of a new baby. It makes sense, but it still feels weird to be sitting in a chair opening a pile of presents bigger then the amount of wedding gifts we got with 20+ women staring at you. Our little pinto bean was thoroughly spoiled with the amount of things she was given. I don't even know where to begin to sort through the things.

Why am I up at 5.30am you may be asking yourself (or probably not). I drank so much super sweet punch yesterday that I forgot to drink any water. Bad mommy to be! Poor baby and me are super dehydrated. Dehydrated = even more swollen feet and hands. I slept for an hour on the couch with my feet up on the arm rest but I kept having dreams of a toothless Michael Jordan who was a guard at some place I worked. It was weird to say the least. Now I'm up trying to chug back a Nalgene of water before trying to go back to sleep. We still have all of our out of town guests to entertain today - not sure where I'm going to pull the energy to do that. Luckily the husband is home today to help out with the entertaining. Tomorrow I took off work, knowing I would need a day to recover. The plan is to lay on the couch and watch movies all day tomorrow. Not many more days I can do that...

No comments: