
Our sweet one is now 37 weeks old, or approximately 20 days away from being delivered (if on time). I keep saying if she takes after me she will be early, which would be nice, but if she takes after her Dad she will be a week or two late :).
I could go on about how uncomfortable I am - the swelling of the feet and ankles has now moved to include the knees, my lower back constantly aches, I can't sleep at night, etc but I won't. Instead I will talk about how freakin' excited I am for her to get her.
I think I've packed her hospital bag maybe 6 times now. I keep taking everything out, look at the outfits I picked out and exchange them for different ones. I have four outfits I've packed so far. Not knowing what size she is going to be I've picked different newborn outfits, all ranging in various sizes. I've got her room all ready and find so much comfort sitting in there just looking around - amazed that in a few more weeks a little baby will be there.
My nesting instincts lasted about two weeks and now I'm just to the point of such utter exhaustion that getting the house ready seems like too much of a task for me. I do get a bee in my bonnet about getting stuff done still, but not as many things. And they are more random things. For instance, I'm on a kick that we HAVE to replace the kitchen faucet. The owners before us installed a really cheap one, and installed it wrong, so it leaks sometimes when you wash dishes in the sink. The broke a piece when installing it so we can't fix it and I have this need to replace it before she comes home with us. I'm not sure why but I just can't bring her home to a house with a broken faucet. Umm yea, I'm crazy. Like she will know the kitchen sink faucet leaks when washing dishes but I know and I don't want to bring her home to anything less then perfect.
D got approved for 6 weeks of paternity leave through his work. We are going to be taking it off at the same time, which will be nice so we can learn to bond and grown as a family. We have some very generous family members (and friends that are like family) that have offered to come help when we go back to work so we can delay putting her in daycare as long as we can. It is so comforting to know how much she is loved already.
Man, I wish she would get here already. I'm dieing to see what she looks like, what she smells like, what she feels like. No matter what she looks like, she is going to be the most beautiful thing in the world to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment