Thursday, May 20, 2010

10 months and growing

I have been so bad lately about posting anything besides the random picture or video. Life is hectic but I think I can finally say, after 10 months of motherhood, I think am starting to figure it out. Maybe. As much as you can figure it out anyway with a 10 month old.

D has another semester of school down, just a few more to go. Work is going well for me – busy as always. Alison.....Alison is amazing.

It is hard to believe our baby girl is 10 months already. I never understood how fast time can go by until we had her. At times I wish I could hit the pause button and allow myself to enjoy these precious days more but at the same time I am amazed to see all the new things she is learning.

She can wobbly walk a few steps on her own – though she prefers to crawl at lightning speed. If we don’t watch her closely, or put up the baby gate, she will make a bee line for Gohan’s water bowl or the dog door. We don’t watch much tv with her but on Sunday mornings I do let her indulge in a little Barney and the Wiggles. She really enjoys both – stopping whatever she is doing to stop and watch with her mouth open.

Our baby girl is slowly moving to play with toddler toys. She is fascinated by boxes and anything she can stick her hands and head in to. She has a carriage toy she loves to push around. We are in the process of packing up all the ‘baby’ toys – exacsauer, play mat and bouncers.

She can say ‘Dada’ and ‘Mama’ though I don’t think she has connected that I’m ‘Mama’ yet. I have heard her say ‘yea’ a few times and it appears she is on the cusp of trying out a few new words soon. She babbles a lot and the daycare says she is by far the most vocal one there.

Back in March my sister in law decided to go back to work so we switched to an in-home day care that some friends of ours recommended. It has been a great experience – allowing Alison to be more social and interactive with other kids. She is a social butterfly and enjoys playing with other kids.

Alison now has 7 teeth, her hair is growing long and thin (like mine and my dad’s) and she is still obsessed with her toes. Just like me, she prefers to not wear shoes or socks. If given the opportunity – she will pull them off and move around barefoot. She is at 75% for height and 85% for weight and still has a ginourmous head.

She is starting to enter the ‘Mama’ phase where she wants to be near me most of the time. She prefers if I am in her line of sight when we are at home. She still dislikes the word ‘no’ and voices that dislike quiet loudly.

Her ‘best friend’ is still Gohan. She giggles and squeals whenever she sees him. She leans over the highchair to give him food while she eats, and then quickly takes it back and smiles (we are working on sharing). She loves to pet him – and seems to be getting the concept of ‘gentle’. He is patient as always with her – never biting or barking when she grabs him or is not so gentle.

All in all things are going wonderful. The last 10 months have blown by. It seems like she has always been a part of our lives – I can’t remember life without her. Nor do I want too.

No comments: