The last few weeks have been busy with out-of-town guests, my birthday, and having the worst flu I think I have had my whole life. Despite the whirlwind of activity (or lack of it over the last flu-filled days) I have to stop and smile. I smile because no matter what is going on I know I can walk through the front door at home and hear squeals of excitement and unconditional love coming from our Sweat Pea. It makes every frustration in life dissolve when I hear her voice. Every time she reaches her arms for me I know what I always guessed - that I was put here to be a mother. I work hard to make her proud of me, I am patient so I can teach her the lessons I was taught, I love her so she can grow up to love herself. It all comes back to her and our family. It is why we do it.
While today should be about celebrating mother's (love you mom, Pat, Karen!) - I would rather take the time as a mother to celebrate the most amazing thing that has ever touched my life - Alison. Enjoy some pictures from the last few weeks.



No comments:
Post a Comment