Thursday, January 8, 2009

And so it begins...

The uncomfortableness has begun. I've been having a hard time sleeping the last few days, more so then normal. I can no longer sleep on my back without feeling like a bowling ball is squishing my insides. Don't even bother suggesting sleeping on my stomach, that hasn't been comfortable for a bit. I'm left to side-sleeping which I do not enjoy. A good friend of mine recommended a Snoogle, so I ordered one from the uncommon drugstore today, I can't wait for it to get here and hope it helps me get a decent night of sleep again.

I seem to have also developed heartburn for the first time ever, or at least that is what D says it is. I described what I was feeling and he seems pretty confident that it is heartburn.We have a new rule in our house - no food or drink an hour before bed. And TUMS are my new best friend. Hopefully the combination of those two things will help.

On the plus side, my finger nails have never looked so strong and healthy. They are uber thick and strong. It is almost like I'm looking at someone else's hands when I look at mine. I'm also fortunate I'm still wearing normal clothes. A couple of the pregnancy blogs I look at have people who are not as far along as me talking about how they are already having to buy maternity clothes. I think my smart eating habits, of late, are why my normal pants still fit. I hope to wear them as long as possible.

We have also started a baby name list. We have decided to not share the name until the baby is born (sorry folks! at least you get to know the gender). We've done one round of elimination, we each got to pick two names from the list, from the section that one of us liked and one did not. I will share those - Hyrum, Gabrielle, Daphne and Natalie. It will be easier to pick a name when we know the gender but at least we have a nice size list going for us to chew on until then.

No comments: