We had our latest doctor’s appointment today. D came with, since it is our last ultrasound. They were checking for cleft lip, which they couldn’t check for last time due to her not looking at us. Boy oh boy did she look at us today, we were able to see her profile and full on face. Looks like she has a cute little nose (like mine!) The ultrasound tech commented on how she was a wiggly little one, she even moved so much the ultrasound tech felt one of her little punches. Her punches and kicks are starting to feel more like punches and kicks and less like her whole body is pushing on me. At one point she had one of her little arms (we could even see the bones for all 5 toes and fingers on that side of her) reach down and looked like she was trying to grab her foot. So amazing, gets me all excited to see her like that. Only 4 months to go!
I brought my laundry list of complaints to the doctor. The included (but not limited) to:
Leg cramps
Nerve in my back/pinching in lower back
Right arm/wrist/hand randomly going numb
Nausea (worse than ever, even water makes me sick)
Heavy pressure in the stomach
Hot flashes/very sweaty
Harder to take deep breaths
2 colds in 5 weeks
Basically not much they do can do about most of it. Being as short as I am, it will become harder and harder for me to breath over the next few months. There is only so much room in my petite (something about me is petite!) rib cage and the baby is pushing her way up in to it, leaving little room for my lungs. I get winded taking a big sip of water lately. The only think she can really help with is the nerve in my back, which she is pretty such is my sciatica nerve getting pinched. She wants me to try physical therapy and since it is usually worse after pre-natal yoga class I might have to stop that class. I’m going to wait until I talk to the physical therapist. I hope I don’t have to quit, I do enjoy it. What I found the most interesting is that it is not unusual to have your arms randomly go numb. Nothing they can do about it, you just have to get use to it. Until I start physical therapy she suggested I try to get up and move around once an hour. That is going to be hard at work, with my daily 3 hour marathon meetings – but I will figure it out.
So far I’ve only gained 10 pounds, which they said is pretty good. If I’m careful for the rest of the pregnancy I should only gain maybe 20 pounds total. I’m thinking in the end it might be closer to 30, but that is still pretty good. Next appointment is the glucose test for diabetes. I told her I was worried about that since I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night REALLY thirsty but she said that was normal and so far none of my urine samples have shown any sugar in them so she thinks the glucose test will most likely be negative. Hope so!
No comments:
Post a Comment