
Our little girl is now the size of a papaya, give or take a little bit. She will this size for the next 3 weeks, so no new pictures for a while. Actually, there are only 4 more pictures total, kind of scary! Makes the reality of her coming that much more real.
This has been a very long week. I had been anxiously waiting for the second trimester, after hearing friends describe it as the 'honeymoon' phase. Honeymoon phase my ass. I'm on my third cold since Christmas and have a handful of other complaints that I will not bore you with. All in all, being pregnant kind of blows. In the end it will be worth it, but right now - it majorily sucks. What has me worried is that they say the first time around is the easiest. Ugh, what is the second kid going to be like?
On a pleasant note, because we all need to hear pleasant things, my boss confirmed I'm going to get 6 weeks of unpaid maternity - WOHO! Since I won't qualify for FMLA I was thinking I would only get 3 weeks off but he put together the rest of 2009's budget together this week and put me down for 6 weeks. I think I scared him by telling him if I have to have a c-section (which I hope I don't!) I would need at least 6 weeks to recover because of what it entails. He's a pretty young single guy and I think just the hints of what a c-section entails scared him. No seriously, he is a great boss. And not just because he is letting me have 6 weeks to bond with my little girl after she is born. Though that does bump him up to superstar status in my eyes. Talk about getting loyalty from an employee.
No comments:
Post a Comment