Sunday, March 1, 2009

Week 21


Our little Pinto Bean is now the length of a banana. I dare you to go look at a banana or even hold one up to your stomach, see how long that really is. Now, imagine that banana feels like the size of two bowling balls, not dinky little bowling balls but full on 'man' size bowling balls - and those bowling balls are pressing down on your uterus. Welcome to my world. What a lovely world it is these days :)

In all serious though, ouch. I didn't realize it would feel like this so early on, I thought I would wait until at least week 30 to feel like I had a stomach made of bowling balls. I was talking to my sister law yesterday (well technically she's my brother in laws gf but I adore her like a sister so I call her sister in law) and she told me it would get better. Really? No, just joking. Thanks :-P She just had our adorable nephew Mason back in December so she is full of understanding and sympathy - which in all honesty is all I want these days. That and someone to rub my oh so tired feet every night.

It is starting to get slightly awkward at times to move around. Flying home yesterday I couldn't bend over enough to get my carry on from under the seat in front of me. I would try to bend over and my stomach would get in the way. So I had to wait for the guy next to me get up, lay down sideways and then stretch my arm enough to grab any part of the bag I could reach and pull it up. I still don't have a fully round stomach yet so I'm sure I just looked like a short, fat, white girl with some serious weight issues :)

On a different note, Pinto Bean now has fully formed taste buds and is taking a few swallows of amniotic fluid every day. She is getting to taste all the foods I taste and they say it is good to mix up what you eat to help start developing a taste for different foods in the little ones. That being said I've been trying to mix up what I eat. We had Thai food last night and I tried everything that was ordered, even if I don't normally like it. At the seminar I just got back from they put out the most amazing fresh fruit platters so I took a piece of all the different fruit, including raspberries, which I hate :-P. D teases me (but in a 'I'm being serious but to not hurt your feelings I will say it in a teasing tone') that I'm a picky eater. I don't want our little Pinto Bean to grow up to be a picky eater so I'm eating everything and everything I can - trying to get her to taste it all. That being said, I've gained 4 pounds lately. I almost had a heart attack on the scale. D keeps reminding me I'm suppose to be gaining weight. I blame eating out while traveling - not being in control of what they use to cook up the yummy foods I ordered. Back to eating on a more regular basis and eating healthier foods. I'm still craving salads almost every day...hmm salad. If we had lettuce I would have one right now, even though it is 7.30 in the morning! I think I might go to the grocery store in my pj's and get some actually...

No comments: